💪⚡Have you ever noticed how some people seem to have an easier time sticking to their health and fitness goals (or really, ANY goal they set their mind to)?
👉Well a new study shows that it might be because they have a strong sense of life purpose.
🔥Researchers from the Annenberg School theorize that having a strong purpose can make it easier to make healthier decisions. Their study was published in the medical journal Health Psychology.
💥The scientists recruited 200 sedentary people who had body mass indexes falling into the obese or overweight category. Each participant took a survey measuring their feelings about their life purpose. Researchers then showed them health messages promoting physical activity while their brain responses were measured.
💡💁♀️Their findings: People who reported a stronger life purpose were more likely to agree with the health messages, plus they showed less activity in the areas of the brain that are associated with processing conflict.
❓The takeaway? Self-development gurus always say to “find your why” – the driving reason you truly want to achieve your goal in the first place.
🔥✨When your “why” fits into your larger purpose, it helps keep you focused and on-track. Here are a few “why’s” that have been powerful motivators for people:
- You want to be able to play and be active with your kids (or grandkids!).
- Your energy is dragging and you feel like you’re missing out on quality of life
- You’ve had a health scare and it’s time to take control
- You’re ready to go out and feel confident with your friends and look and feel your best
- An adventure vacation has been on your bucket list and you want to be ready to enjoy it!
❓So what is YOUR why??
Goal-setting (and goal-getting!) is our speciality! If you need help or direction, we’re here for you! Just drop us a message.👊🏽